About the Leadership Council
The EMM Leadership Council is a program founded by Edmond Mobile Meals to create awareness of social issues and inspire leadership among students in the Edmond community.
This training program addresses fundamental leadership skills and self-reflection. The interactive sessions focus on leading with collaboration, adaptability, and compassion and provides hands-on experiences in real projects for a nonprofit organization. The work of this council has a direct impact on the well-being of vulnerable individuals in our community.
- Length – Six session training program beginning in October 2022 through April 2023.
- Meetings – Meetings are once per month from 4:00pm-6:00pm
- Acceptance – sophomore, junior, and senior level students at local public, private and home-based schools may apply.
Topics & projects:
- Non-profit Management
- iLead Teen Leadership Training
- DISC Personality Assessment & Workshops
- Giving Tuesday
- Social Isolation & Loneliness
- Holiday Projects
- March for Meals
Program Benefits to the Student:
- Practical experience to help them better understand issues facing today’s leaders.
- A chance to meet other peer leaders who are looking to have influence.
- Insight into how different personality styles impact leadership and learning.
- Direct leadership coaching with a certified executive trainer.
- Custom DISC personality assessment with personal guidance in each student’s strengths and opportunities for growth.
- Volunteer hours to meet NHS requirements.
- Recommendation letters from community leaders for college applications.
- Personal fulfillment as a result of helping those in need in our community.
Applications can be submitted below. Applications will be due by 5pm on September 16, 2022. Selected students will receive an invitation to participate by September 23. The first meeting will be held the first Wednesday in October.
Quote from a 2022 participant on how the Leadership Council benefitted them:
“The Edmond Mobile Meals Leadership Council has given me many opportunities to get out of my comfort zone (in a good way). I have grown a lot as a person with the help of this council.
I feel more confident about speaking up with my ideas in a group.”